Software Engineering Internship 2024
Gent, Vlaams Gewest, BelgiumInternships
Do you want to gain experience, working in a team that applies the latest data science, machine learning & AI techniques?
As a data & AI agency, we help both industry frontrunners and analytics leaders advance their teams with confidence when applying data science, statistics, machine learning, and AI. With the ever-expanding possibilities of these revolutionary technologies, numerous questions arise. How can we effectively transform a complex business challenge into a forecasting and/or optimization challenge? What assisting tools can we use or create? How will it enable people in teams to work at their natural best?
We have been fortunate to work with a variety of teams in Europe, active in Retail and E-commerce, FMCG, Manufacturing, and Aviation, such as G-star, Scotch & Soda & Vandevelde or Heineken, Beerwulf, Hornbach, Unilin, TVH and Roompot. We worked on projects that combine our business acumen with expertise in data management, ML, AI, and statistics.
As a Software Engineering enthusiast, you have the ability to become part of our team for a period of at least six weeks, during the summer season 2024.
You will perform a number of tasks guided by an experienced engineers & data scientists.
During this internship, you will get a feel of what it is like to work at a fast-growth data analytics company. We will provide you with a certain level of freedom and choice, inspiring you to take responsibility where it is most appropriate.
🚀 What will be part of your responsibilities?
- You will help support the Crunch Analytics Product squad, which creates productized solutions in the field of price & inventory management in fashion retail or support the Crunch Analytics Project squad, which applies data science & AI for our different customers
- You will create in-house tools that help our data scientist work with our solutions;
- You will work on the solutions that are used by our clients on a daily basis;
- You collaborate with data scientists, who will be the primary users of your work;
- You collaborate with the Development Squad to deliver top-quality code and solutions;
🐱🚀 What skills are required?
- You are studying Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent;
- You can work with Python, and want to perfect this skill;
- You're aware of software engineering best practices (testing, version control, CI/CD, …),;
- You know how to map complex problems to a full-fledged solution;
- You have basic knowledge of data science and artificial intelligence.
- You’re a strong communicator.
🎁 Our offer
You will work in a vibrant, innovation-loving environment with the proper dash of geekiness and love for board games. You will be able to work both at the office and at home. Our office in Ghent is easy to reach and close to a vast array of after-work shenanigans.
The internship is a paid internship unless the framework in which you conduct the internship (school/other) does not allow you receive a form of remuneration. Details will be discussed during the selection procedure. A minimum internship period of 6 weeks is recommended.
🎳Up for the challenge?
Here is how we move forward. We'll screen all applications and invite a number of applicants for a job-specific challenge. You will get two weeks to send in your challenge, which will be discussed during a final presentation. So, within no more than a month after the application deadline, you will know whether you'll be able to join us.