Gent, Vlaams Gewest, BelgiumEngineering
Are you an experienced full-stack developer, looking for a fresh web application development challenge? Are you eager to help build a tool that demonstrates the true potential of big data and AI techniques?
At Crunch Analytics, we help EU retail and e-commerce teams at C&A, G-Star, Torfs, Vandevelde, Roompot and others to embrace big data & AI techniques. We introduce AI-driven solutions (advanced analytics) that fundamentally change how these organizations create value.
As a full-stack developer you will help create, build and maintain a brand new web-based application, ready to innovate key business processes in retail using big data, AI techniques and data science. You will work alongside a UI/UX designer, a cloud engineer and several data scientists. Your role is to create a transparent architecture that allows for a seamless integration between front- and back-end. Your proven-track record in complex, secure and scalable web application development is crucial, as the web application will guide essential business processes in international, large-scale retail organizations.
Up for the challenge? Do read on!
🚀 What will be part of your responsibilities?
- You will develop a full-fledged web application in cooperation with an algorithm/data engineering development team.
- You are responsible for creating a clear structure that allows for a seamless integration between what happens in the front-end and back-end of the application.
- You ensure the code adheres to the latest coding practices and industry standards. As the tool we are developing is a critical component in the business process of our clients, we task you with creating a well-structured, robust application. Having a clear approach to monitoring and test driven development is therefore crucial.
- You safeguard a high level of security, as you develop a tool using sensitive data. You implement back-end API calls and document the entire development process to ensure maintainability.
🐱🚀 What skills are required or can be perfected on the job?
We are looking for a skillful full-stack developer, with an instinct for software architecture, who can demonstrate experience in creating a full-fledged web application.
- You are an expert in the use of Python and especially in building APIs with Python web frameworks, like Flask or FastAPI;
- You have a solid comprehension of web technologies (HTTP, HTTP/2, WS,..) and API development (JSON, OAuth, JWT, ..);
- You are eager to apply software engineering best practices (GIT, code documentation, continuous development);
- You understand how to use RESTful APIs in practice;
- If you know your way around Google Cloud Platform, such is considered a definite plus;
- You are a strong communicator, able to communicate complex technical concepts and align an organization on decisions.
🎁 Our offer
First off, you will become part of a steadily growing team of people keen on applying the latest technologies and techniques in the fields of data science, machine learning & AI. You will work in a vibrant, innovation-loving environment with the proper dash of geekiness and love for board games.
You will be able to work both at the office or at home. Our offices in Ghent and Rotterdam are easy to reach, located in a colorful neighborhood of each city center, close to a vast array of after-work shenanigans.
How do you like to get to work? By car, train, and/or (e-)bike? Your choice to make! We provide an attractive salary package stuffed with additional benefits such as an (optional) company car & fuel card, (optional) bike plan, hospitalization insurance, state-of-the-art laptop, smartphone, and other gear.
We put a lot of time and effort into your personal growth and development, both as a technician and business professional. We provide dedicated feedback and coaching sessions to help you walk the career path you envisage. Expect your own talent development roadmap and the opportunity to showcase your knowledge to a broader engineering community.
On top of that, we do team trips, planned events, ad-hoc events, anything really to ensure you shine within a thriving team.
🎳 Up for the challenge?
Here is how we move forward. Send in your resume and provide us with a link to your portfolio, preferably with an option for us to see actual code. Candidates without a proven track-record in similar app development, are respectfully requested to refrain from applying.
Don't hesitate to contact us for more details with regard to the project and how your skills & experience could fit in.
Do apply now!