Senior Data Scientist
Gent, Vlaams Gewest, BelgiumData Science
Eager to take the lead on data-centric projects and steer a team in the right direction? Do you love to help a client discover the value hidden in data and steer the creation of business value in the right direction?
At Crunch Analytics, we help innovative fashion brands & retail organizations be fabulous! By introducing our AI-driven fashion retail platform, we assist teams in making improved pricing & inventory decisions that lead to world-class profitability, efficiency & a reduced ecological footprint.
Our platform has proven its value, assisting teams at international enterprise organizations such as G-star, Scotch & Soda & Vandevelde, or national heroes such as Torfs, OnlyforMen, Bristol, ZEB, Schuurman Schoenen and E5.
We are looking for experienced data scientists, who have successfully completed advanced analytics and artificial intelligence projects. A successful candidate has the ambition to become an expert in one or more data science topics, enabling him/her to act as the go-to authority within the team as well as a trusted advisor for external clients.
So, in your role, you will be able to showcase your current skillset, expand it even further and play a crucial role within the organization.
- A track record of multiple advanced analytics and AI projects in various industries within a business context
- Excellent Software Engineering skills:
- Advanced programming in Python (Pandas, Numpy, Scikit-learn, Keras, Seaborn, Spacy,... )
- Building complex data pipelines and using distributed computing
- Deploying machine learning solutions on the cloud
- Working in a Unix environment
- Using other tools and frameworks such as GIT, Airflow, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, ...
- Expert in every aspect of Data Science:
- Understanding and using supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques
- Wrangling all types of data sources in any shape or form
- Finding meaningful and actionable business insights with exploratory data analysis and using statistical methods
- Understanding and being able to translate business problems into data science problems and vice versa
- Translating your expertise and findings to a variety of different business stakeholders
- Knowing when not to use “traditional” data science, but revert to other techniques.
- Excellent communication skills. This includes written, oral and non-verbal communication.
- A team player and mentor for more junior team members.
- Willingness to tutor others about Data Science and your area of expertise
- Able to collaborate with and mentor Junior Data Scientists, and give (non-)technical advice and direction.
- Experience in project and account management
- Capable of defining the scope and execution strategy for new
Nice to haves
- Knowledge of other languages (speaking or programming)
- Experience working with a variety of databases and architectures
- Experience with lean/agile software development
- Experience with the Google Cloud platform is a definitive plus
- You have 3+ years of experience working as a Data Scientist;
- You have a BS or MS in Computer Science, Business or Civil Engineering, Business Administration, Economics, AI, Data or Marketing Analysis, Maths, or Statistics;
- You are eager to learn new things and thrive in a fast-growth environment;
- You are fluent in English and are a good communicator, knowledge of Dutch is a plus