Senior Data Scientist
Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland, NetherlandsData Science
Eager to take the lead on data-centric projects and steer a team in the right direction? Do you love to help a client discover the value hidden in data and steer the creation of business value in the right direction?
At Crunch Analytics, we help innovative fashion brands & retail organizations be fabulous! By introducing our AI-driven fashion retail platform, we assist teams in making improved pricing & inventory decisions that lead to world-class profitability, efficiency & a reduced ecological footprint.
Our platform has proven its value, assisting teams at international enterprise organizations such as G-star, Scotch & Soda & Vandevelde, or national heroes such as Torfs, OnlyforMen, Bristol, ZEB, Schuurman Schoenen, and E5.
We are looking for experienced data scientists who have successfully completed challenging projects in advanced analytics and artificial intelligence. A successful candidate has the ambition to act as a trusted advisor for companies eager to use data & algorithms in assisting people when making business decisions and allowing systems to automate such decision-making.
So, in your role, you will be able to showcase your current skillset, expand it even further and play a crucial role within the organization.
🚀 What will be part of your responsibilities?
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will share your knowledge working on data-centric projects in retail and e-commerce. Projects focus on topics such as price markdown optimization in price management or demand forecasting in inventory management.
Your excellent programming skills, data science knowledge, and business acumen allow you to translate challenges, identify obstacles as well as draft and execute a path forward.
You complement technical & business skills with the ability to communicate your findings in a way that is easy to understand for clients. You will act as a tutor in your domain of expertise and be given the opportunity to mentor junior profiles.
🐱🚀 What skills are required or can be perfected on the job?
- You have a BS or MS in Computer Science, Business or Civil Engineering, Business Administration, Economics, AI, Data or Marketing Analysis, Maths, or Statistics.
- You have 3+ years of experience working as a Data Scientist, with a track record of multiple advanced analytics and AI projects within a business context.
- You are eager to learn new things and thrive in a fast-growth environment.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English and are a good communicator.
You have excellent software engineering skills:
- Advanced programming in Python (Pandas, Numpy, Scikit-learn, Keras, Seaborn, Spacy, etc.);
- Building complex data pipelines and using distributed computing;
- Deploying machine learning solutions on the cloud, such as Google Cloud;
- Working in a Unix environment;
- Using other tools and frameworks such as GIT, Airflow, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, or similar.
You are an expert in a variety of data science aspects:
- Understanding and using supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques;
- Wrangling all types of data sources in any shape or form;
- Finding meaningful and actionable business insights with exploratory data analysis and using statistical methods;
- Understanding and being able to translate business problems into data science problems and vice versa;
- Translating your expertise and findings to a variety of different business stakeholders;
- Knowing when not to use “traditional” data science, but revert to other techniques.
You are a business professional that can make his/her mark:
- You have excellent communication skills. This includes written oral and non-verbal communication.
- You have experience in project and account management.
- You are capable of defining the scope and execution strategy for new projects.
- You show the willingness to tutor others about Data Science and your area of expertise.
- You are a team player and mentor for more junior team members.
🎁 Our offer
First off, you will become part of a steadily growing team of people keen on applying the latest technologies and techniques in data science, machine learning & AI. You will work in a vibrant, innovation-loving environment with the proper dash of geekiness and love for board games.
You will be able to work both at the office and home. Our offices in Ghent and Rotterdam are easy to reach, located in a colorful neighborhood of each city center, and close to a vast array of after-work shenanigans.
How do you like to get to work? By car, train, and/or (e-)bike? Your choice to make! We provide an attractive salary package stuffed with additional benefits such as an (optional) company car & fuel card, (optional) bike plan, hospitalization insurance, state-of-the-art laptop, smartphone, and other gear.
We put a lot of time and effort into your personal growth and development as a technician and business professional. We provide dedicated feedback and coaching sessions to help you walk the career path you envisage. Expect your own talent development roadmap and the opportunity to showcase your knowledge to a broader engineering community.
On top of that, we do team trips, planned events, ad-hoc events, and anything really to ensure you shine within a thriving team.
🎳Up for the challenge?
Here is how we move forward. After applying, we'll screen your resume and may invite you for a phone interview. A job-specific challenge and presentation later, you could be the next member to represent our team!