Gent, Vlaams Gewest, BelgiumEngineering
Would you love to guide the creation of AI-driven tools that make an enormous difference in a sector that is amidst a wave of digitization? Are you determined to apply your skills and acquired experience in order to make one of the most beautiful and easy-to-use displays of software craftmanship out there?
At Crunch Analytics, we help innovative fashion brands & retail organizations be fabulous! By introducing our AI-driven fashion retail platform ,we assist teams in making improved pricing & inventory decisions that lead to world-class profitability, efficiency & a reduced ecological footprint.
Our platform has proven its value, assisting teams at international enterprise organizations such as G-star, Scotch & Soda & Vandevelde, or national heroes such as Torfs, OnlyforMen, Bristol, ZEB, Schuurman Schoenen and E5.
As a Software Engineer, your key responsibility is to design and implement software solutions that can be seamlessly deployed to our full client base. You will work with all aspects of the AI-driven solutions that we deploy, from the web-backend up to the cloud deployment.
🚀 What will be part of your responsibilities?
- As a central pillar of the Crunch Analytics Development Squad, you will help guide the creation of AI-driven solutions in the field of price & inventory management in fashion;
- You will weigh in on discussions about creating new and updating existing features;
- You can deliver excellent code, which is performant as well as compliant to coding best practices (testing,...);
- You carefully document the workings of your solutions;
- You collaborate with implementation teams who use solutions you have built, helping to create the tools they need to offer stable solutions as well as new features in a timely fashion.
🐱🚀 What skills are required or can be perfected on the job?
- You have a MS or BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent;
- You can work with Python, and want to perfect this skill.
- You have a natural feeling for good software architecture and design.
- You're experienced with software engineering best practices (testing, version control, CI/CD, …).
- Experience with the following tools is a definitive plus: DBT, React, FastAPI, Terraform, Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience in working in an Agile/Scrum environment is a plus.
- Experience in the retail or fashion industry, specifically in pricing or logistics, would be lovely.
- You’re a strong communicator.
But most importantly, each candidate should be a team player, able to translate business requirements into a technical solution, making use of his eagerness and on-point communication skills in English and - preferably- Dutch.
🎁 Our offer
First off, you will become part of a steadily growing team of people keen on applying the latest technologies and techniques in the fields of data science, machine learning & AI. You will work in a vibrant, innovation-loving environment with the proper dash of geekiness and love for board games.
You will be able to work both at the office or at home. Our offices in Ghent and Rotterdam are easy to reach, located in a colorful neighborhood of each city center, close to a vast array of after-work shenanigans.
How do you like to get to work? By car, train, and/or (e-)bike? Your choice to make! We provide an attractive salary package stuffed with additional benefits such as an (optional) company car & fuel card, (optional) bike plan, hospitalization insurance, state-of-the-art laptop, smartphone, and other gear.
We put a lot of time and effort into your personal growth and development, both as a technician and business professional. We provide dedicated feedback and coaching sessions to help you walk the career path you envisage. Expect your own talent development roadmap and the opportunity to showcase your knowledge to a broader engineering community.
On top of that, we do team trips, planned events, ad-hoc events, anything really to ensure you shine within a thriving team.
🎳 Up for the challenge?
Here is how we move forward. After applying, we'll screen your resume and may invite you for a phone interview. A job-specific challenge and presentation later, you could be the next member to represent our team!